An environment in which child victims feel more comfortable describing the events in the presences of all agencies involved. It is a place:
- where law enforcement personnel, state attorneys and child protective service workers promptly investigate alleged incidents of child abuse.
- where physically, sexually, and/or emotionally abused children may receive counseling and psychological services to help them overcome the trauma of abusive parents.
- where families receive the support needed when they learn that a child in the family may have been abused.
- where trained professionals and interested volunteers can work together to improve the safety and well-being of children through intervention and prevention in their communities.
- where a complete medical forensic evaluation can be conducted by trained, specialized medical staff.